Wednesday, March 12, 2008

1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited

R.I.P. January 20, 2007

Suspension: TRD front and rear strut bar, Tanabe front and rear sway bar, Tanabe Under body Brace, TEIN FLEX Coilovers, TEIN EDFC, TEIN tension rods, High and Tight rear sway bar end links, Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings.

Brakes: 91 Turbo Calipers, Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Ultimate Pads, stainless steel braided brakelines, and Motul RBF600.

Tires:
OEM wheels wet set up
Falken Ziex 512
Front 195/60/14
Rear 205/60/14

14"/15" X wheels dry set up
Falken Azenis RT-615
Front 195/60/14
Rear 205/50/15

Engine: Weapon R Intake, NGK Iridium spark plugs, APEXi SAFCII, Greddy radiator cap, Sun HVS, Nology Powercore, Headers, HKS Exhaust, Kirkosaurus motor mount inserts.

Drivetrain: ACT Heavy duty clutch, steel braided clutch line, brass shifter bushings, Redline MT-90.

Exterior: H4 headlight conversion, Gee headlight booster, TRD License plate frame, Clear Corners.

Interior: TRD Short Shifter, Cartune Short shifter plate, bent shifter extender, 320mm NRG steering wheel, NRG Quick Release, Momo F1 Concept horn, Imitation TRD Guages, Red Sparco EVO L, Sparco 4 point 3" camlock harness, and an Autopower Roll Bar.

The Story:

It was a Saturday night and I wanted some KFC. On my way out of the parking lot, some guy trying to get in blocked my left turn, so I decided to turn right and take a parallel street to KFC. About 3 blocks away from my apartment, I came up to an intersection where cars coming the opposite way were turning left. It's a small two lane street, so there is no dedicated left turn lane for on coming traffic. A 2002 Civic about to turn left saw me coming from the other direction. He braked, but changed his mind and thought he could turn left before I got there. We hit head on driverside to driverside. His insurance gave me $4200, and I parted out the car.

No comments: